A Message From The President
Dear Fellow MSTS Members,
I am privileged to serve as your President for the 2012-2013 year, especially after the outstanding work done by my predecessor, Ed Cheng. He launched various initiatives that we will carry out this year, including formalization of the committee structure, delineation of the policies and procedures for each committee, and a revision of the bylaws. My plans are to implement these changes to our maturing society. In keeping with the original mission of the organization, I will promote our collaborative research agenda, enhance our scientific meetings in conjunction with our Specialty Day and Annual Meeting Chairs, drive quality publications in our Society’s official journal, Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, and promote greater international interaction. Please share your ideas and energy to make our society the beacon for musculoskeletal oncology care, research and education.
John H. Healey
The mission of the Musculoskeletal Tumor Society is to advance the science of orthopaedic oncology and to promote high standards of patient care. It does this through excellence in education and research and through advocacy on behalf of patients and orthopaedic oncologists.
The Musculoskeletal Tumor Society is the recognized authority on all aspects of orthopaedic oncology, is an influential participant in policy-making for oncology services, and is responsive to the needs of orthopaedic oncologists and their patients.
- MSTS will be the preeminent source of high quality education on orthopaedic oncology.
- MSTS will foster and facilitate research in orthopaedic oncology to improve clinical outcomes for patients.
- MSTS will play a leadership role in policy-making and advocacy on behalf of orthopaedic oncologists and their patients.
- MSTS will promote high standards for the clinical practice of orthopaedic oncology.
- MSTS will cultivate a vital, involved membership.
- MSTS will operate in a fiscally prudent manner.
- MSTS will structure itself in a way that is representative of the membership, provides accountability, and furthers the goals of the Society.