Our Careers page will post job ads from members free of charge. Non-member job placements will be posted for $250 and will remain on the website for 60 days. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Posted: November 25, 2022
Musculoskeletal Oncology Division Chief opportunity in nationally-ranked academic orthopedic.
The Wahington University Division Chief of Musculoskeletal Oncology in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery will be responsible for leadership, strategy, and day-to-day oversight of the Division, ensuring alignment with the goals and objectives of the Department, Washington University School of Medicine and Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
THE DIVISION CHIEF WILL:
- Develop and oversee the strategic plan for the growth of the MSK oncology orthopedic service line locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Ensure high quality, patient-centered care. The Chief will work to maximize effective care delivery models and staffing to optimize efficiency and patient volume with high patient satisfaction.
- Maintain an environment that prioritizes education for medical students, residents and fellows, and oversee the education al program, including Resident conference schedule participation and specialty conferences
- Develop a culture of collaboration to ensure all faculty are academically productive, contributing to the academic mission, and developing a national profile in orthopedic surgery.
- The Division supports investigators with an interest in furthering our understanding of diseases and conditions, including primary and secondary MSK oncology an adult reconstructive surgery.
- Prioritize diversity and inclusion amongst faculty and staff and ensure equitable clinical care for all patients.
- Meet with and mentor all members of the Division with the objective of helping faculty members develop and meet personal goals in alignment with the Department goals.
- Engage each member of the Division for participation in group responsibilities, including assigning responsibilities for call and committee service at the hospitals.
- Develop a strong working relationship with hospital partners.
- Work with Department and hospital leaders on special activities that further the Division and Department goals, such as US News & World Report rankings. We’re proud to rank #10 in the nation for pediatric orthopedics at St. Louis Childre’s Hospital and are #1 in Missouri for both adult and pediatric orthopedics.
DIVISION CHIEF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monthly attendance at the Division Chief Meeting
- Participation in quality and safety initiatives
- Division and Department strategic planning
- Year-end clinical and financial review meetings with Division providers
- Represent the Department and MSK oncology service on hospital medical committees
- Represent the Department and meet with hospital leadership to advance our mission
About Washington University Orthopedics and Barnes-Jewish Hospital
Our Mission and Vision
Our mission is to have a national and international impact on orthopedics through excellence in clinical care, education, research and leadership. Our vision is to grow our impact on patients and our community by improving access and outcomes, to expand our geographic footprint, to train in the next generation of orthopedic surgical leaders, and to transform the future of orthopedic care through discovery and innovation.
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the largest hospital in Missouri and a Level-One Trauma Center
- Washington University Orthopedics and Barnes-Jewish Hospital are raked #1 in St. Louis and Missouri for adult orthopedics
- Team physicians for the St. Louis Blues and local club sports, collegiate and high school teams around the St. Louis area
- St. Louis is the hub for international research and exceptional patient care
- Our MSK oncology specialists work closely with specialists across Washington University School of Medicine, providing seamless, coordinated care.
- Siteman Cancer Center is the only NCI-designated Comprehensive Cance Center in Missouri and within a 240-mile radius of St. Louis
Contact: Please email a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to:
Regis O’Keefe, MD, PhD
Fred C. Reynolds Professor and Chair
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
email@example.com / 314-747-8414
Charles Goldfarb, MD
Professor, Executive Vice Chair
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
firstname.lastname@example.org / 314-747-4705
Posted September 13, 2022
Community Health Network MD Anderson Cancer Center is a partnership between Community Health Network and MD Anderson Cancer Center, one of the world’s largest and most respected cancer centers. The partnership formed in 2022 elevated a prior affiliation between Community and MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of MD Anderson. This new partnership represents a full clinical and operational integration of Community’s cancer services with MD Anderson across all five of Community’s sites of cancer care.
Exceptional care, simply delivered, is what sets Community Health Network apart and what makes us a leading not-for-profit, multi-specialty healthcare destination in central Indiana. This Orthopedic Oncologist will join one of the nation’s most integrated healthcare systems, with over 1,300 providers in the Indianapolis, IN area. The city has an appealing blend of big-city amenities, cosmopolitan style, and communities that boast highly rated school systems, the Indianapolis area consistently ranks nationally among the best places to live. Indiana also maintains its place as one of the top 5 provider friendly states.
Community Physician Network is seeking a BE/BC Orthopaedic Oncologist to grow and expand oncology services to the residents of Central Indiana. Community Health Network’s main objective is to provide state-of-the-art treatment for primary bone tumors and to maximize the function of each patient with advanced surgical and reconstructive techniques.
- Community Health Network is a certified member of the MD Anderson Cancer Physician Network®
- Community MD Anderson is one of a select few partners with MD Anderson, a global leader in cancer care, and the only partner in Indiana.
- Comprehensive practice and multi-disciplinary support and collaboration with medical oncologists, oncologic surgical specialists, genetic counselors, physical therapy, speech therapy, survivorship support, and nurse navigators
- Robust research program with multiple open clinical trials available for patient enrollment
- Flexible work schedule
- Hospital employed and fully integrated group consisting of 25+ orthopedic surgeons
- Block surgical time
- Eagerness to function in a highly collaborative surgical atmosphereShared Call
- One of the largest primary care networks in the statepetitive compensation and benefits package
MD Anderson Cancer Network® Partnership
Licensure & Certifications
- Board certified/board eligible in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship trained in Orthopaedic Oncology/Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Indiana medical license will be required
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Community Health Network has been deeply committed to the communities it serves. With more than 16,000 caregivers and 200 sites of care, Community Health Network puts patients first while offering a full continuum of healthcare services, world-class innovations and a new focus on population health management. Our organization’s values are represented by the acronym PRIIDE: Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Inclusion, Diversity, and Excellence. These values drive the work we do every day and the attitude we bring to every task.
Facility & Network Highlights
- Physician-led organization that promotes and supports physician leadership
- Multi-disciplinary physician group of 1300+ providers
- One of the largest primary care networks in the state
- Fully-integrated EMR system (EPIC)
- Ranked in 2021 by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Large Employers”
- Ranked in 2021 by Forbes as “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” (Highest ranked Indiana company on the list at #29)
For more information, contact:
Caitlin Gallagher, Senior Network Physician Recruiter
Phone: 317-621-7502 | Email: CGallagher2@ecommunity.com
Posted: August 30, 2022
The West Virginia University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics is seeking a Musculoskeletal Oncologic Clinician/Scientist at the main campus in Morgantown, WV. Qualified applicants must be fellowship-trained in Musculoskeletal Oncology. This position will carry a 60% clinical component and 40% research.
The focus of the clinical practice is on all orthopaedic cancer care. This will involve primary sarcoma care (pediatric/adult), metastatic disease, bone infections, and complicated amputee care. Opportunity for complicated arthroplasty exists but is not required. WVU Medicine has a multi-institutional sarcoma board that meets twice monthly to discuss cases that includes providers from radiation oncology, hematology/oncology (peds and adult), pathology, and orthopaedic oncology. Our current research initiatives are directed toward translational work in the area of sarcoma using nanotechnology, immunotherapy, and immunodiagnostics. We are interested in both basic science and clinical research as well.
Our Department of Orthopaedics has approximately 40 full time faculty in all sub-specialty areas of Orthopaedics, including spine, total joint replacement, sports medicine, foot and ankle, hand, pediatrics, trauma, musculoskeletal oncology, and basic science. Our faculty are fellowship trained and respected nationally, but we emphasize more than surgical expertise - our mission is to provide excellence in patient care and customer service in the delivery of that care. As a part of a major academic teaching center, we use a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment and education of our patients. Our physicians have easy access to a full range of specialists. Our spine practice is tertiary care for the entire state and surrounding regions, presenting as complex deformity, degenerative, traumatic, infectious, and neoplastic disorders.
The WVU Cancer Institute is one of the country’s top USNWR rated cancer treatment centers. Multidisciplinary medical teams use the latest cancer therapies, sophisticated technologies, and patient-driven research to deliver the best possible treatment in state-of-the-art facilities. We offer treatment to those in West Virginia as well as patients from five bordering states. We have a very active clinical trials program, pharmaceutical studies, and emerging statewide clinical trials network.
The West Virginia University Health System, the state’s largest health system and largest private employer, is comprised of 16 hospitals throughout WV with the flagship academic medical center, West Virginia University/J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital, located in Morgantown. The system also provides management services to three additional hospitals. WVU Medicine includes five institutes – the WVU Cancer Institute, the WVU Critical Care and Trauma Institute, the WVU Eye Institute, the WVU Heart and Vascular Institute, and the WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute.
Morgantown, WV is the quintessential college town, with Division I Big 12 sports, diverse cultural and arts activities, world famous outdoor recreation, and excellent schools. Yet, we are only 75 miles from Pittsburgh and a three-hour drive to DC. We are an inclusive, educated small community with a strong local economy. You will be amazed at the high quality of life we have to offer here in beautiful north-central West Virginia.
West Virginia University & University Health Associates are an AA/EO employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – and WVU is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity.
Posted: July 27, 2022
Position Description: Orthopedic Oncologist
The Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics is seeking an academic orthopedic oncologist to treat benign tumors, sarcoma, and metastatic disease of the pelvis and extremities in patients of all ages. Additional areas of clinical interest are encouraged. Candidates should have an interest in clinical or basic science research. This is a full-time position and appointment is at the rank of Assistant Professor on either the clinical track or tenure track dependent upon the qualifications and goals of the individual.
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics—recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States—is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
The candidate must be a graduate of an approved medical college
The candidate must have graduated from a fully accredited orthopedic residency
The candidate must have completed fellowship training in orthopedic oncology
Medical licensure and/or eligibility in the state of Iowa
A commitment to ongoing performance improvement
Experience promoting a diverse workforce in an academic environment
Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills
The candidate must be a Board-certified or Board-eligible orthopedic surgeon
Interest in basic or clinical research evidenced by publications, grants, or other scholarly work
Experience in education including teaching of residents and or medical or other students
The position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
To apply, please follow this link: https://jobs.uiowa.edu/faculty/view/74534
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.